Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Share and Voice: To recycle or not to recycle?


(I have no idea if this picture is real or not)

Hey everybody. So as I was about to take out the recycling today, I looked in it and found one of those plastic containers that lunch meat is usually sold in. I then turn my head a little bit and find the same type of lunch meat container in the garbage instead. At that moment, I realized something...I had no idea whether or not to recycle the plastic container.

So i decided to look into it a bit more, and compile a list of things that CAN be recycled and a list of things that CAN'T be recycled. I often just kind of assume a lot of things can be recycled, so I figured making a list would help me out quite a bit. So here it is.

DO Recycle
  • Glass Bottles/Jars
  • Pretty much any and all paper
  • Milk and Juice containers
  • Detergent bottles
  • Soda Bottles
  • Clean Foil
  • Aluminum Cans
DON'T Recycle
  • Liquids
  • Plastic Grocery Bags
  • Broken glass
  • Corks
  • Glad Cling Wrap
  • Styrofoam
  • Light-Bulbs
  • Microwaveable Food Trays
  • Shampoo Bottles
  • DELI PRODUCT CONTAINERS
So there it is.  Do not recycle those lunch meat containers.  

Here are the sources I used.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment