Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update

 
(I'm probably the only one who thinks this Darth Vader coffee mug is awesome)

My SMART Goal

My revamped SMART goal is "Each week, I will drink at least 2 less cups of caffeine (8 oz) than the prior week."

Successes & Challenges

Well, I didn't exactly reach my goal. I had 19 cups 2 weeks ago, so I hoped to cut it down to 17 or less this week.  I got down to 18.  So while I cut down, I didn't as much as I hoped I would.

This was another week where I kind of just tried to do it cold turkey.  I need to get out to the grocery store and get some more tea, or at least find a good alternative.

Feelings

I don't really know.  This week, I started to have second thoughts about quitting.  Because my God, coffee is delicious, and it really does get me going in the morning. If I don't have coffee in the morning, I feel like a zombie for a couple of hours.

It was a stressful week as it is, so that kind of made me put my coffee-minimization on the back burner. But when I start to get these feelings I just need to tell myself that I can do it, and when it's all said and done I will be healthier. It's just tough to do when the light at the end of the tunnel is so far away.

What I Learned

Again, I'm not going to do this cold turkey. I just can't do it. I need to get some tea and really get working on this.  But I promise that I will be down to 16 cups this week.

Plans for Next Week

The SMART goal is going to stay the same. "Each week, I will drink at least 2 less cups of caffeine (8 oz) than the prior week." So 16 cups, here I come!

Also, I Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4 Linky Party at Eco-Chic With Amy.

No comments:

Post a Comment